In short: All the work in the DIYbiosphere, except where otherwise noted, is freely available to use, modify and distribute
However, it is important to note that the DIYbiosphere has two levels of copyright:
Repository the raw files at: DIYbiosphere/sphere are shared under the MIT License.
- You can: use, modify, sublicense, distribute original or derivative works for ANY purpose; personal, commercial, etc.
- You cannot: hold the author liable.
- You must: include the copyright and license notice in all copies or substantial uses of the work.
Website the rendered webpages at: sphere.diybio.org, are dedicated to the Public Domain with CC0 License.
- You can: use, modify, distribute original or derivative works for ANY purpose; personal, commercial, etc.
- You cannot: hold liable, or make patent claims.
You can review the Contributor Terms modeled as a “Contributor License Agreement” to understand in legal terms the authorship rights granted and/or waived from your Contributions.
Attribute our Work as “© DIYbiosphere contributors” to recognize the amazing effort of our contributors. If space is limited, attribute as “© DIYbiosphere”, and link to the DIYbiosphere Website, or DIYbiosphere/sphere.