- Go to page you want to edit: Above the title of the entry click the icon, which will take you to GitHub.
- Select edit button: The pencil icon . If you are not a member, Github will let you know you don’t have ‘write’ access to the project. A new file will be saved under your copy of the project (i.e. a ‘fork’) and can later be merged with a ‘pull request’.
Edit content: Make changes to the front matter (data keys in between
---) and update the entry in markdown text. The
Previewmarkdown will only render the text and the front matter will be inside a two row table
- Select Propose file change at the bottom of the page, when you are finished editing,
- Select Create Pull Request if you are able to merge. You can add additional comments to your pull request
- Wait for Merge A member will revise your Pull Request (PR), request additional edits from you, or approve the PR and merge your changes to the master branch. Members can approve their own PR or edit directly into the master branch
Rejoice! your new entry is now part of DIYbiosphere!
Thank you for your contribution!