- Open Collection Folder: inside the sphere repository (first determine in which collection your initiative belongs to)
- Select Create New File: If you are not a member, Github will let you know you don’t have ‘write’ access to the project. A new file will be saved under your copy of the project (‘fork’) and can later be merged with a ‘pull request’.
Name your new file: Add a folder first, preferably with the same name of your initiative using
CamelCaseand specify the format at the end as
.md, e.g. ‘AvocadoLab/AvocadoLab.md’ (the name of the file will be the URL of the entry, so don’t use a long name!)
- Copy and Paste EntryTemplate: open the EntryTemplate, select all, copy, and paste into your new file. Alternatively, use the CompleteTemplate, or base off the AvocadoLabFile as a more concrete example
Edit content: Fill in the front matter (data keys in between
---) and write the rest of the entry in markdown text. The
Previewmarkdown will only render the text and the front matter will be inside a two row table.
- Select Propose new file at the bottom of the page, when you are finished editing
- Select Create Pull Request if you are able to merge. You can add additional comments to your pull request
- Wait for Merge A member will revise your Pull Request (PR), request additional edits from you, or approve the PR and merge your changes to the master branch. Members can approve their own PR or edit directly into the master branch
Rejoice! your new entry is now part of DIYbiosphere!
Thank you for your contribution!